The Rotax Festival & E Plate comes to Clay Pigeon Raceway.
The Clay Pigeon Kart Circuit was founded in the late 1950’s early 1960’s on a disused Second World War Military Hospital site. The original track was built by joining the hut (ward) concrete bases together with tarmac to make a 500 metre track. The Blandford Karting Club was formed and a Royal Automobile Club Permit was obtained and the first ‘official’ race took place on Sunday, 5th May 1963. The circuit has now become a seven day a week business organising Arrive and Drive Sessions, Corporate Race Events and hosting most major championships that tour Britain. Recently Chelborough Ltd. (the circuit owners) has come under the control of Southern Counties Leisure who now own all the leisure facilities surrounding this circuit.